Poetry London is pleased to announce the third year of its mentoring scheme, offering the chance for three talented poets to receive a year of free one-to-one mentoring from leading poets, and friends of Poetry London, Vahni Capildeo, Wayne Holloway-Smith and Mimi Khalvati.
Generously funded by the Garrick Trust and Arts Council England, the scheme will pair each of our mentors with a promising writer who will receive in-depth support, constructive feedback and guidance over the course of five one-to-one mentoring sessions.
Poetry London is committed to developing the diversity of contemporary poetry, and as part of our commitment to this we will be providing the mentoring scheme without cost to the poets mentored, while also offering to cover up to £500 travel expenses in order to enable applicants from across the UK to benefit.
Applications can be made via the Submittable link below. You will be asked to provide:
- A sample of up to three poems.
- An application with responses to the following:
- Outline your writing experience to date (up to 300 words).
- Explain why mentoring would be important to your artistic development (up to 400 words)
- Outline your financial position and need for support (up to 150 words).
The deadline for submissions is 31 July.